Gamers should be familiar with DirectX, which can improve the efficiency of gaming or multimedia programs, enhance 3D graphics and sound effects. But many people don't know how to update DirectX. This article will use Win10 as an example to teach you how to update DirectX on your computer.
1, Check the current DirectX version
If you are unsure what version of DirectX your computer is currently running, you can check it before updating.
1. Simultaneously press Windows+ R key, pop up the run box, enter dxdiag, and press enter.
2. You can view your DirectX version in the report that appears in the window.
2, Update DirectX
If you are not running the latest DirectX, follow the steps below to update DirectX.
Due to the lack of a separate package for DirectX in Windows 10, DirectX can only be updated through Windows updates.
1. Click on the start menu, open the settings interface, and click on "Update and Security".
2. Click the "Check for Updates" button on the right side.
3. Following the instructions on the screen, Windows will automatically update, including downloading and installing the latest DirectX for you.
3, Update device drivers
After updating DirectX, if you want to ensure the stability of your computer and further improve the gaming experience, it is recommended that you also update the drivers, especially the graphics card drivers.
You can choose to go to the official website of the graphics card device, find and download the correct new driver based on the model and system version, and gradually manually install it.
If you want a simpler and faster way, you can also adopt automatic updating methods - using it to drive life. After scanning in the driver management section, clicking "one click repair" will automatically update the device driver program
Finally, restart the computer and open a game to test its effectiveness.